Agencja Artystyczna GAP
Agencja Artystyczna GAP is an independent organization that produces concerts, theatre shows, exhibitions and parties.
Nowy Theatre is created by Krzysztof Warlikowski and a group of his regular collaborators. The main goal, which the director always strives for, is communication, creating a meaningful dialogue with the audience. This dialogue can be based on an understanding or it can start with a provocation that changes the routine way of thinking. Nowy Teatr seeks to expand the area of dialogue with the audience not confining itself to theater performances alone. It aims to be a place for a whole new artistic situation. An area free for artists and curators to create, a space defined by people full of ideas.
The National Stary Theatre in Krakow
Established in 1781, The National Stary Theatre in Kraków is one of Poland’s oldest public theatres. Connected to the stage are the names of eminent directors, including Tadeusz Kantorm, Jerzy Grotowski, Zygmunt Hübner, Konrad Swinarski, Jerzy Jarocki, Jerzy Grzegorzewski, Krystian Lupa and Andrzej Wajda. Since January 2013, Jan Klata is the theatre director and Sebastian Majewski is his assistant. There are two currents that influence the repertoire of the Stary: reflection on contemporary drama and theatre and reinterpretations of Polish and world classics under the brand of the re_wizje Since 2009 the theatre coproduces prestigous international network -Mitos21,European theatres collaboration network.
TR Warszawa has been one of the best known theatres in Poland for over 10 years. It is regarded as a modern theatre open to new ideas, a theatre that cultivates the best theatrical traditions. TR’s high position in various rankings of young European theatres is confirmed by numerous awards won by the company at national and international festivals. Among the theatre’s latest projects are T.E.O.R.E.M.A.T. based on the work of Pier Paolo Pasolini, directed by Grzegorz Jarzyna, a co-production with Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz of Dorota Masłowska’s No Matter How Hard We Tried, Areteia by Grzegorz Jarzyna, a co- production with Schauspiel Essen prepared as part of the programme RUHR.2010 – European Capital of Culture, Jackson Pollesch by René Pollesch, Nosferatu by Grzegorz Jarzyna, inspired by Bram Stokers’ Dracula.
Ludwik Solski State Drama School in Cracow
Ludwik Solski State Drama School in Cracow was founded in 1946 by Juliusz Osterwa as a result of merging three independent actor's studios: Actor's Studio of Stary Theatre, Actor's Studio of Słowacki Theatre and The Iwo Gall Drama Studio. In the very first period of it's existence, the school educated students in a three- year train course. In 1949 the name of the school was changed into State Drama School. The name of today was adopted in 1955. In 1954-1964, the Ludwik Solski Drama School had also a Puppet Department (the department's graduates are Maja Komrowska, Ryszard Cieśak, Kazimierz Kaczor). The new puppet department was reactivated in 1972 in Wrocław. School in Cracow has also a directing department. The best known graduates are: Mieczysław Górkiewicz, Jerzy Grotowski, Halina Grylaszewska, Mikołaj Grabowski, Krystian Lupa, Edward Lubaszenko, Anna Augustynowicz, Grzegorz Jarzyna and Krzysztof Warlikowski.
Ludwik Solski State Drama School in Cracow, Branch Wroclaw
National Drama School.
Art to go
Artistic platform created by Anka Graczyk and Dariusz Starczewski. In March 2013 they created Scena Pokój (probably the smallest theatre in Poland). There's only 13 seats in the audience.
Szaniawski Drama Theatre in Wałbrzych
The Dramatyczny Theatre has operated in Wałbrzych since 1964, and is the city’s only professional stage. For many years, the theatre has offered the audiences a highly varied repertoire with predominant contemporary productions, focused on the dialogue with reality. In the last few seasons, the theatre received a few dozen invitations to drama festivals and reviews in Poland and abroad. It reaches for popular literary and film themes, so as to provide them with a new context through transformation or adaptation. Eagerness to provide Wałbrzych theatregoers with the widest possible access to contemporary theatre and drama resulted in the establishment of two regular projects that – being the festivity of the theatre – at the same time become a particular opportunity to get to know the directions that other theatres follow. The “Wałbrzyskie Fanaberie Teatralne” is a festival without a definite subject, with the only distinguishing feature of the repertoire being its relevance and the high artistic quality of the invited productions. The Days of Drama, on the other hand, familiarise audiences with current theatre and literary trends.
Teatr Ludowy is on of the youngest theatres in Cracow. The theatre opened in 1955 with a premiere of Krakowiacy i górale by Wojciech Bogusławski. Since 2005 the theatre is managed by Jacek Strama. The theatre specializes in contemporary drama plays modern interpretated classic and well made plays.
Laznia Nowa Theatre
Founded on the 1st of January 2005, Laźnia Nowa is one of the youngest Krakow theatres. Its general and artistic director is Bartosz Szydłowski. Previous activities of the theatre were run under the brand of the “Laznia” Theatre Association, a precursor to Laznia Nowa Theatre. Laznia Nowa Theatre is based in former school workshops in Nowa Huta’s Szkolne Estate. The programme of the theatre is based on an exchange between European partners, co-productions, individual projects and cooperation with local community. The projects combine artistic and social activities – post-industrial halls host performances, festivals, concerts, exhibitions, film screenings and multimedia shows, meetings and workshops. The projects of Laznia Nowa Theatre are also staged outside the building of the theatre: in the streets, squares and housing estates of Nowa Huta. The theatre is an organiser of the Genius Loci Festival. Since 2005, it has been a member of Trans Europe Halles, an international network embracing cultural institutions from Europe that operate in European post-industrial spaces.
Alojzy Smolka Opole Puppet and Actor Theatre
The theatre was founded in 1937. It’s named after Alojzy Smolka, a famous puppeteer, director and actor. The repertoire is composed of classical plays, fables and other original shows. The theatre is managed by Krstian Kobyłka.
The Musical Theatre CAPITOL
After the II World War lot of operetta artists came to Breslau. In 1945 they created an artistic group which performed in the old Teatr Popularny (today there's a Holiday Inn. Hotel). The Capitol Music Theatre was created on 22 of March 1955, when the team staged the Johann Strauss Die Fledermaus directed by Szymon Szurmiej. The theatre was named Operetka Dolnośląska and their repertoire included classic operettas (Offenbach, Abraham, Dostal, Strauss) and the shows took place on the Opera Wrocławska stage. In 1964 Operetka moved to its current seat, to the Śląsk cinema. The name of the stage changed few times. On June 2004 the City Council voted the new resolution and created The Musical Theatre CAPITOL.
Nowy Theatre Krakow
Nowy Theatre in Cracow is a non-profit organization founded in 2006 by Piotr Sieklucki. The main mission of the tehatre is to promote modern drama, to organize education projects and to fight with discrimination. The theatre was co-founded by: Dana Bień, Tomasz Kireńczuk, Łukasz Błażejewski, Dominik Nowak and Marek Kutnik. The theatre is sponsored by the City Council and by Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Teatr Polski Bydgoszcz
The first stage in the city was already opened in the XVII and XVIII century as the school theatre in the Jesuit College in Bydgoszcz (the present town hall at Jezuicka Street). The theatre stage was later used by different drama groups despite the fact that the Jesuit Order was dissolved under Prussian rule. It was not until 1824 that the theatre performances were moved to the north bank of the River Brda, called Gdańskie Przedmieście. The theatre was located in the former church of the Carmelites which was closed down by the Prussians. In 1895 thanks to imperial subsidies the monumental building was erected according to the design of the outstanding German architect Christian Heinrich Seeling. Teatr Polski was established as the city theatre in 1920. It was seated (after early performances, among other places, in Pacer's restaurant) in this impressive, a technically well-equipped (with a revolving stage) building. After the Second World War the local authorities have decided to tear down a seriously burnt building at the present Theatre Square. In 1945-49 the theatre was seated, first in German open-air theatre "Elisium" and then in the building at Grodzka Street where the small stage was opened until 1988. In the autumn of 1949 a new building was erected largely thanks to the dedication of the city's inhabitants. The designer of the building was Alfred Licznerski. On June 28th 2000, by the decision of the Town Council, Teatr Polski in Bydgoszcz was named after Hieronim Konieczka - an actor, director and the organizer of numerous and significant cultural activities in the city.
Polski Teatr in Wrocław
The theatre is comprised of three stages: the Small Stage, Świebodzki Stage and the Jerzy Grzegorzewski Stage. Since 2006 the theatre has been managed by Krzysztof Mieszkowski who is both, its Artistic and Managing director. The theatre has a unique education and pro bono program: „Aktywne poniedziałki”(„Active Mondays”) a series that consist of meetings with artists and politics and Wszechnica Teatralna; meetings, lectures and screenings about Kantor’s, Grzegorzewski’s, Grtowski’s and Müller’s theatre.
Wybrzeże Theatre is one of the most well-known and recognized theatres in Poland. The Wybrzeże Theatre's shows get invited to the most important Polish festivals, including: Warszawskie Spotkania Teatralne, Divine Comedy International Theatre Festival and Festiwal Prapremier. The Wybrzeże artistic team is a winner of the most prestigious Polish theatre awards, incl. The Swinarski Award (given to Grzegorz Wiśniewski for Twilights of the Gods).
Stefan Żeromski Theatre in Kielce
The history of the theatre began romantically, with the passionate feelings of Ludwik Stumpf – an industrialist, owner of breweries, philantropist – bestowed on one lady, an actress from Warsaw. It was 1877 and transport between Warsaw and Kielce was pretty difficult. Therefore, Ludwik Stumpf decided to build a stage where his beloved could act. Being a man of enterprise, he combined the theatrical stage with a restaurant and a hotel. The inaugural performance was held on the 6th of January 1879. Performances staged at the theatre included works by Fredro, Kraszewski, Zalewski and Bałucki. Others associated with the theatre included Gabriela Zapolska and Marceli Trapszo and Stanisław Przybyszewski, who staged in Kielce three pieces written by himself: Dla szczęścia, Matka and Złote runo. Irena and Tadeusz Byrski headed the Kielce stage between the 2nd of December 1952 and the 30th of September 1958. They fulfilled the dream of founding their own acting school and on the first of October 1955 opened the first secondary acting school, the Studium Teatralne. The recent history of the Kielce stage is connected with the director Piotr Szczerski, who came here from Krakow. He only intended to stay for a while, but has remained to this day!
Contemporary Theatre in Szczecin
A professional theatre company staging contemporary plays, classic drama and occasional performances for children. It' s run by managing director Mirosław Gawęda (since 2009) and artistic director Anna Augustynowicz (since 1992).